This was a very popular hit by Sally Yeh many years ago. I recall that the video for this song was beautifully and elegantly performed by the singer. It has a fast-paced tempo and the overall feeling is one of urgency and hurriedness. Though I could not understand the lyrics of this song then I had enjoyed the rhythm and the melody of the song.
- Search for song lyrics on the internet. If you are lucky, you find it in simplified Chinese. If not, you have to convert it as I did using the free tool on Purpleculture.net
- Cut and paste song lyrics from webpage to Word Document.
- Find the Hanyu pinyin for the lyrics. I used the Chinese to Pinyin converter tool on Chinesetools.net here.
- Cut and paste the pinyin onto the Word Document and manually insert each line corresponding to the Chinese lyrics.
- Get the meaning of the characters by using the Annotation Tool on Chinesetools.net and cut and paste onto Word Document. Manually match the meaning given to the Chinese Characters.
叶倩文yè qiàn wén
天地(Heaven & Earth) 悠悠(sad)过客(visitor)匆匆(hurriedly)潮起又潮落
红尘(red dust)啊滚滚(boiling)痴痴(sentimental, foolish)啊情深(love that is profound, deep)
聚(gathering)散(disperse)终有时(ultimately have and ending)
至少(at least)梦里有你追随(accompany, follow)
你用真情(the truth)换此生(exhange for this life)
何不潇洒(natural, unrestrained, elegant)走一回